Policies & Rates
Rate: I charge $250 for a 45 minute session for clients.
Lower Fee Appointments: I offer some lower fee appointment slots during the day. At this time, these slots are filled. When these slots become available, I will update my website to reflect this change.
Insurance: Some insurance plans offer out-of-network benefits, which allow you to choose a provider of your choice, rather than one on their network. Please call your insurance provider to see if they offer out-of-network benefits that would reimburse you for using my services.
Cancellation policy: An appointment time is set aside specifically for you and as a result, I require a 48 hour notice for cancelling or rescheduling counseling sessions. A $125 fee will be charged to you for late cancellations or missed appointments.
Payment: I accept cash, check, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diner‘s Club, and JCB). These cards can include Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flex Spending Accounts (FSA).
Learn More about Insurance
When we feel stressed or unwell, it can be difficult to navigate the complexities of health insurance. I hope this section can help clarify some of the confusing terms and help identify important questions to ask me or your insurance company, so that you better understand your benefits and costs.
Questions To Ask Your Insurance Company
- What are my out-of-network benefits for behavioral health or mental health?
- If I do have out-of-network benefits, do I have a deductible? (deductible is the amount you would pay out of pocket first before your insurance begins to share the cost of your medical services)
- How much is my deductible, if I have one? (some plans have different deductibles for in-network providers and out-of-network providers, so please clarify based on your insurance)
- How much can I expect to get back for sessions with the following CPT codes?
- 90837 (60 minute individual therapy session)
- 90834 (45 minute individual therapy session)
- 90791 (initial intake session)
- Does my provider need authorization to use any of the above CPT codes?