Policies, Rates, & Insurance
Policies & Rates
Online therapy: I am currently offering online therapy services which offers a certain level of flexibility and reduces risk of exposure to COVID
Rate: I typically charge $300 for a 45 minute session for clients.
Reduced Fee Appointments: I offer some lower fee appointment slots during the day. At this time, reduced fee slots are full.
Insurance: I am not on any insurance panels, which means you would pay me directly for services. Some insurance plans offer out-of-network benefits, and I provide documentation that you can submit to get reimbursement from your insurance company. Please call your insurance provider to see if they offer out-of-network benefits that would reimburse you for using my services.
Cancellation policy: An appointment time is set aside specifically for you and as a result, I require a 48 hour notice for cancelling or rescheduling counseling sessions. You will be responsible for the full fee for late cancellations or missed appointments.
Payment: I accept cash, check, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diner‘s Club, and JCB). These cards can include Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flex Spending Accounts (FSA).
Learn More about Insurance
When we feel stressed or unwell, it can be difficult to navigate the complexities of health insurance. I hope this section can help clarify some of the confusing terms and help identify important questions to your insurance company, so that you better understand your benefits and costs.
Questions To Ask Your Insurance Company
- What are my out-of-network benefits for behavioral health or mental health?
- If I do have out-of-network benefits, do I have a deductible? (deductible is the amount you would pay out of pocket first before your insurance begins to share the cost of your medical services)
- How much is my deductible, if I have one? (some plans have different deductibles for in-network providers and out-of-network providers, so please clarify based on your insurance)
- How much can I expect to get back for online therapy/video sessions provided in NYC (zipcode: 10001) with the following CPT codes, when the rate is $300?
- 90834.95 (45 minute individual therapy video session)
- 90791.95 (initial intake video session)
- How much can I expect to get back for in-person sessions provided in NYC (zipcode: 10001) with the following CPT codes, when the rate is $300?
- 90834 (45 minute individual therapy session)
- 90791 (initial intake session)
- Does my provider need authorization to use any of the above CPT codes?